An Oh No They Didn't fandom comm for lovers and new viewers of the ITV/PBS series Downton Abbey.
The Short of It:
This is a fandom-centric comm. So, ships, stans, and opinions of all sorts are encouraged. Silliness and irreverence are welcome. Don't be mean.
The Long Of It:
(1) General Posting
- Please check to see what has been posted already - duplicates are likely to be deleted - Mods (and mod-approved associates) will handle all episode-specific posts (including watches and discussions). Be patient if a post isn't up right when you expect it - sometimes we leave the house to tend to some nonsense in town! - All posts should be related to Downton Abbey and characters / cast / even the time period - videos, articles, pictures, news, icons, etc are welcome! Discussion topics are encouraged. - If you want us to consider making a new tag, let the mods know! You can contact our separate mod community, downton_mods on our Page-a-Mod - Remember to cite your sources! A link at the bottom will do - Please title your posts and use tags
(2) Posts That Link to Other Journals/Comms/Tumblrs Etc
- Lots of you make icons, and we love you! If you are going to host the bulk of your icons / screen caps / etc from your own journal, please post a decent sampling of them within our comm, and then link to your own journal. Abuse of this will result in a ban. - Linking to posts on other LJs and Tumblrs are prohibited. You may make posts incorporating Tweets, YouTube videos, and images from other websites (properly sourced, of course). All articles must come from reputable websites. If you have any questions about a potential source, feel free to message a mod. - If you would like to promote another LJ community or Tumblr within ONTD_Downton, please speak with a Mod first. Unapproved posts of this vein will be deleted immediately.
(3) Spoilers and Lj-cuts
- Because so many of us cannot watch Downton as it airs live every week, please be respectful of spoilers. If you are even the slightest bit concerned you may be spoiling, your safest bet is to place it under a cut. - Long articles and all pic spams should be placed under a cut accordingly.
- Membership is moderated. If you've been rejected it's mostly likely because:
a. Your journal is relatively new. New accounts joining a moderated community usually indicate the account might be used for trolling. b. You have no friends and/or no other communities. c. You have a low comment count/relatively dead journal. If you feel like you have unfairly been rejected please Page-a-Mod with your concerns.
- Being hateful towards members, trolling, bad behavior and breaking any rules will result in a ban. Behave! - Membership requests will be accepted/rejected once a week (usually on Wednesday) - The Mods reserve the right to do a link-looting-lurker purge every once and awhile if the mood strikes. Participate and get to know us! :) BE ACTIVE or you won't receive many dinner party invitations. Thomas and O'Brien will conspire against you. Violet with ignore your existence. Patmore will yell at you. Mary will treat you with contempt. Edith will probably try to marry you anyway.
(5) Because this is a moderated community, if you are found posting about comments from members of _downton or posts without prior permission you will be banned.
(6) This comm is about loving this show and having fun discussing it - so let's party like it's 1918! And remember, keep calm and blame Daisy
Also, once you get in you can head over here to get sorted into Upstairs or Downstairs!
FOR TO US A TROLL IS GIVEN, AND HE SHALL BE CALLED SHEPHERD OF STANS CHAUFFEUR OF HEARTS BRANSON ALLEN JEEBUS
AND TO HIS BELIEVERS HE SHALL BESTOWETH GOODNESS PARTIAL NUDITY AND HILARITY IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
TRUST IN THY SEXY SOCIALIST AND FORGIVETH HIS VANITY SIZING AND OVERINDULGENCE OF HAIR GEL AS HE SHALL FORGIVE THOSE WHO BET NOT ON HIM FOR THINE IS THE FANDOM THE TROUSERS THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER AMEN